• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inline Script - Custom Button

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019 New UI version -  did RH remove the ability to edit the "inline script" when you're trying to insert inline JavaScript for a custom button like we used to have in version 2017? Thank you so much, everyone. Really appreciate it.

skin.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've added your button, you then need to select it in the "Select button" list. That will change the options in the General and Javascript sections. Then you should be able to edit the onClick field for the selected button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. I'm so sorry for the misleading screenshot. I know what you're talking about, but on the "OnClick" field when I added a new button and after I selected that button from the "Select button:" list, it doesn't allow inline javascript text block to open like we used to have in RH '17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, in that case I can't help as I've never added a custom button in Classic. In New UI, you can type javascript in the field and that is all as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries at all. I always appreciate you, Amebr. I found this video that either you or Rick created (I'm not sure) and posted it in one of the posts in the past; and that's how I know we used to be able to do Inline JavaScript https://www.screencast.com/t/VFg7kxNB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have been Rick most likely. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 Yeah, I couldn't find that post lol. I wonder if Rick is still active in the forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you submit a feature request. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, Peter. Thank you for your help in all my posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick hasn't been active on the forums for a couple of years now.

If you save the script in the Assets folder, you can then right click on it and select Show In Explorer. Then you can open it from there in your text editor.

You could submit a Feature Request to be able to edit text files in the Author panel or open it in your default text editor. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp