• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inline Snippets with Multiple lines

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2020.4.173 User Guide has a procedure for creating inline snippets. However, when I look at the source code I see the same <p> tag as the snippets I create using the Content menu. When I insert the snippet as a line item, RoboHelp adds it as a <div>, causing it to render like this:

Snippet text

Snippet image

I noticed some snippets are added as <span> and some as <div>. I can revise the tag to bring the snippet text inline with the <li> number. Just wondering if there's a better way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Update 5, as near as I can tell the only way to tell if a single "paragraph" snippet is an  inline snippet or block snippet is to open the snippet file, switch to code view and check if class="null" appears in the p tag. If that appears, the text will be inserted as a block. If it doesn't appear the text will be inserted inline (span).

Multi-paragraph snippets will always be inserted as a block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also note that there is no help for specific versions of RH, just the most recently released help. So when you access help from RH2020.4, you may be reading help for 2020.5 or 2020.6, etc., whichever has been most recently released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the end I just copied and pasted the syntax from the snippet into the topic. I find that I spend about 30% of my time on the source code view with RoboHelp. For example, deleting whole words is always an adventure. 

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp