• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installtion is not possible since the controls of the set-up.exe dialog are not reachable

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the trial version of RoboHelp 2022.3.0, but the first dialog does not show all the contols. The dialog can also not be resized, so there is no way to install the product. I've tried it on two different machines with the screen resolution 1920x1080, but I'm not able to proceed.

Has anybody run into the same issue? Is there any way to resize this dialog?

RoboHelpInstallationDialog.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

I have seen this issue and also seen someone else report it.

With that dialog open, press the Tab key. I think it is twice. Then press Enter. You may or maynot see the button appear but it will work.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen that before - have you tried just hitting enter to get it started (& you're running it as an Admin, right?). The field that's cut off is the standard c:\program files\ install location IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the location also any sort of "Ok" or "Apply" button is missing, so there is no chance to go on. I've tried it as an admin. It is also elevating the process correctly to the admin rights. I have tried it on a laptop, on a PC also I've tried it over a remote desktop. I've also tried to set the language to english, which makes the texts in the dialog appearing in english, but the layout still is the same.

Is there any chance that this is an issue just occuring in 2022.3.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly - I'd give the RH crew a ping - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the recommentation. I will send out a mail to this address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue and also seen someone else report it.

With that dialog open, press the Tab key. I think it is twice. Then press Enter. You may or maynot see the button appear but it will work.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That helped to finish the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if it happens again, or someone else encounters it, check the Windows display settings and make sure the Scale and Layout text size setting is set to 100% (not 150% or 200%, etc). I can't say this is the cause, but it can cause weird display issues in programs that aren't programmed appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not case the issue. The scaling was set to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the screen size has been coded for English and doesn't take into account the longer nature of German words, and I would consider that a bug. 🙂

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
(You can also search in the issue tracker to see if it's been reported before, and upvote the previous report.)
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started Windows in english language, modified screen resolution, modified scaling, etc. nothing had any input.

But due to the suggestion above simply click the tab twice and hit enter, I was able to overcome the issue. No need for further tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to the RoboHelp team and this is outside their direct control. It is a standard dialog used by all Adobe products. They will raise the issue with the team responsible for the dialog.

Meantime, tab twice and press Enter. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp