Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating RH with Perforce without P4SCC

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We've been using Perforce for version control for our Robohelp projects for the last year or so with no problems. The P4SCC plugin from Perforce made it smooth and you could check in and check out and add new files and all that from Robohelp.

Then sometime in the last year, Perforce got rid of the P4SCC plugin in favor of something called P4VS, which apparently is something you open through Visual Studio. Unfortunately, we're all writers and don't know anything about Visual Studio. We discovered this when we hired a new writer and I tried to install Perforce on her machine.

Anyway, I know this is a Perforce thing, but that tool (and that tool's help) is written by devs for devs, and there's no clue how to make this new plugin work. The support people I talked to had no idea and suggested just checking in and out from Perforce itself.

I thought I would ask here in case any of you have walked this path before and found gold at the end   If not, then I'll try something else.

Thanks!

Christian

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have recently updated a writers' server to Windows 10 and run into exactly the same problem as described above. Perforce integration with RoboHelp 2019 Classic is missing.

Helix has removed the p4scc plugin and p4vs only applies to visual studio (this is just my assumption). Is there any other way of integrating those two tools? If not is there a reliable source of the old p4scc plugin?

Kind regards,

Radek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you're going to find much joy here - you may want to drop the RH folks a line at tcssup@adobe.com to ask about Perforce being supported - I've never heard of it being used with RH projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for a quick response. I have just written email to support.

But just for the sake of completeness we have found a workaround that requires extra manual steps. The new workflow is the following:

1) Open P4V client

2) On the main directory select "Get latest changes"

3) On the same directory select "Checkout"

4) Open RoboHelp and make changes

5) In P4V on the "Pending" tab right-click and select "Revert Unchanged Files" and then "Submit"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp