• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Download and Automatic Open of PDF File

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there is a way to automatically download a PDF file from the internet and have it open automatically.

I have an internet link to a PDF document that automatically downloads when the Download link is clicked on the webpage. What I want to do is use the download link (URL) and have the PDF automatically open in RoboHelp. Is that possible? When I try to use the link that is used on the webpage, the download occurs to my PC in Downloads, but I would like to have it automatically open at the completion of the download.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Your browser controls how downloads are treated - nothing in the link would control that (as far as I know). Either way, it wouldn't open in RH - it would open with whatever application you've associated with the file type (most likely Adobe Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your browser controls how downloads are treated - nothing in the link would control that (as far as I know). Either way, it wouldn't open in RH - it would open with whatever application you've associated with the file type (most likely Adobe Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. I actually realized that after the fact. There would have to be an extension on the local network or within Chrome. I found one that we had on SharePoint and it opens into a browser on our local network. When it opens, it then has the option to OPEN in a browser or Download.

Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp