• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to apply condition tags to browser sequence?

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am applying condition tags in my project at topic level (not section level) and when I generate the output using Frameless preset, I can filter the content using these tags. This way, only the topics with the selected tag are displayed in the table of content.

However, as I defined a browse sequence, when I move among the topics using the previous and next buttons, the topics that do not have the condition tag selected are displayed.

In summary, topics that do not have the selected tag are not displayed in the TOC but I can access them using the browse sequence.

Is there any way that I can only navigate among the topics that have the selected tag?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Thank you both for your help. I didn't clearly understand what it means to apply a conditional tags.

Reviewing the Compass Travel project, it was clear to me.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick test in the Compass Travel project and I get message something like "This topic was filtered out" when I have a filter selected and use the Next/Previous buttons in the Studio skin.

Can you try with the sample projects to see if it's a problem specific to your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compass Travel has some complex tagging. I was pretty sure that the bug whereby excluding a topic did not remove it from the browse sequence had been fixed. I used a simpler test and with a tag applied to one topic and nothing done to the browse sequence, that topic was skipped in the sequence when I applied an expression to exclude that tag.

That establishes that excluding a topic with a tag from the build excludes it from the browse sequence. However, I am then confused by the post.

In summary, topics that do not have the selected tag are not displayed in the TOC but I can access them using the browse sequence.

If a topic does not have a tag applied, it will appear in the TOC, which it the opposite. Are you tagging the topic or the topic entry in the TOC? They are two different things and the latter does not exclude the topic from the build, only from appearing in the TOC.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your help. I didn't clearly understand what it means to apply a conditional tags.

Reviewing the Compass Travel project, it was clear to me.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp