• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to customize bookmark title output in index?

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2020 MAC

Hello,

Is it possible to customize the display name for bookmarks that are used in the index output.  I have a longer topic in my project that contains several bookmarks.  When i try to add a bookmark as a topic to an index term, it displays the parent file name along with the bookmark name in the output: parent_topic.htm#bookmark1.  

I know i can rename the display title for a bookmark in the TOC but i can't seem to find the same option for the index section.
Current Output Example Topic:

• Fruits (topic name)
    • Apples (bookmarked section within fruits)
    • Oranges (bookmarked section within fruits)
    • Plums (bookmarked section within fruits)

Current Index Setup and Outcome

• Fruit Types (Keyword)
    • Apples (displays as Fruits.htm#Apples in the output)
    • Oranges (displays as Fruits.htm#Oranges in the output)
    • Plums (displays as Fruits.htm#Plums in the output)

Desired Index Outcome:

• Fruit Types
    • Apples (displays as Apples)
    • Oranges (displays as Oranges)
    • Plums (displays as Plums) 
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

There doesn't appear to be any way in RH2019 New UI (and I imagine that hasn't changed for RH2020). The expectation seems to be you only index the topic not the individual locations in the topic. Which I suppose makes sense from a print perspective, but less so for online when the hyperlink could take you directly to the section.

When I add the bookmark to the index, I only get 3 options: Remove deletes the topic from the index; Edit opens the topic for editing, and Show in Explorer opens file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be any way in RH2019 New UI (and I imagine that hasn't changed for RH2020). The expectation seems to be you only index the topic not the individual locations in the topic. Which I suppose makes sense from a print perspective, but less so for online when the hyperlink could take you directly to the section.

When I add the bookmark to the index, I only get 3 options: Remove deletes the topic from the index; Edit opens the topic for editing, and Show in Explorer opens file explorer to the location of the topic.

If that looks like your experience, you can check if anyone else has reported the issue in the Tracker and vote for it, or raise your own feature request or bug report here:  https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post the link back here and other people can then vote for it if they come across this post. (I'll vote for it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been resolved in Update 2 which went live yesterday. Please try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can index a bookmark. If you right click on the keyword, you get these options.

image.png

When you Add Topic you can browse to a bookmark.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... On the naming side, you will have to submit a feature request as Amber has suggested.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the 1 in source view and it seems to work. Howver, you must take care not to duplicate the bookmark name in a topic. What I couldn't see was a way to removed the topic name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking maybe it makes sense to prefix the bookmark name with the topic title so that if you have Apples as a keyword that is in multiple topics, you need something to tell the use which topics. That additional information may help them decide which topic is relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  I will see if i can do that without changing our topic phrasing.  I am trying to condense the number of pages a view has to click on in order to find all the info for a specific feature on our site.  I like using the mini-toc to include numerous sub-topics on one page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp