• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to generate ‘.JSP’ instead of ‘.HTML’ through Robohelp 10/15

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Robohelp 10/15 to generate Webhelp (HTML) which is integrated by the development team.

However, they now request '.JSP' files instead of '.HTML'.

Is it possible to generate ‘.JSP’ instead of ‘.HTML’ through Robohelp.

We manually changed the extensions of the webhelp generated from ‘.HTML’ to ‘.JSP’, it worked,

but the links within the html files are unresponsive (which is obvious).

Is there any way (or any script) in Robohelp wherein we can generate the .JSP documents without compromising the links within?

Any suggestions (or alternatives to manual conversion) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Snl H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to experiment with creating JavaHelp (see Other Single Source Layouts ) otherwise you're looking at doing some bulk search & replace actions on the resulting WebHelp I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff. That's my thinking too. The question was sent direct to me originally but I asked for it to be posted here to get replies from a wider group. Mention was made of a converter program but without saying if it had been tried and with what results.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jeff, appreciate the suggestions!

The single source output (Javahelp,  we've also tried the Eclipse Help) generates HTML with JAR files.

However, what we need is '.JSP', as mentioned by Peter, I'd written to him before posting my query on the forum.

Currently we generate Webhelp, and then either manually change the extensions from '.HTML' to 'JSP' or use a converter program like Total Converter Plus which merely changes the file types to '.JSP'.

Again, this is a tedious process, since we've to import indidvidual html into the tool and convert.

I was wondering, with so many scripts available in Robohelp, could there be one which would simply churn out '.JSP' instead of '.HTML'.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that all Total Converter Plus does is change the file type? There are many tools out there that will change the extension of all the files in a folder and sub-folders in one pass.

Given the issues this is causing you, have the developers explained their issue with HTML files? Maybe there is another solution that would work for both of you.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier the dev team used to integrate HTML help files, however they've recently migrated to Wildfly which doesn't render static pages and throws HTTP 405 error with HTML files, but this doesn't happen with JSP in Wildfly.

So they manually changed the extension of HTML to JSP but this caused the links within the HTML to be unresponsive.

Hence the documentation team was asked to provide JSP instead of HTML through our tool itself. And Robohelp doesn't do that.

The tool we use to change extensions, does the job, but is rework and a workaround.

So we were hoping to find a way/script in Robohelp for generating JSP.

Thanks!

Snl H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened a single topic in a text editor from the HTML file and the same file after conversion to JSP?

Surely there are more changes that just the extension?

Could you send me the same short topic in both formats? See the Contact page on my site and send the files as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email them direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ Peter - a quick Google on the .jsp extension reveals that yes, all you need to do is rename your .htm or .html filenames and references to .jsp for it to "convert" - however it appears you wouldn't get much benefit of .jsp files since you wouldn't have any dynamic Java code inside your RH-generated HTML. See this jsp tutorial page - JSP Tutorial for an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp