• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to integreate help within web applications (without iframe) ?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to integrate RoboHelp topic within the current page of the user. Or even better, to split help per component of the page and load it when the user click a `?` button of the component.

I'm using Angular but getting some info for any SPA would be great.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what version of RH you're using, but RH2019 New UI has a frameless HTML5 output that would work without iFrames. How you integrate this context-sensitive help (CSH) into your web app would have to be done by your developers - there are a variety of ways to call the appropriate topic by the web app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.
We are currently using version 2017 but we could consider to migrate to 2019 if new features worth it. Nevertheless, I saw the the HTML Responsive output is already available in 2017. Is it what you mention by frameless HTML5 ?

Could you please point me to those ways to call the appropriate topic. I was not able to find the documention in the online user guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Responsive HTML5 in prior versions still use iFrames (afaik) - RH2019 has a new frameless output form of Responsive HTML5 that doesn't use them. See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_help/calling_help.htm for more info on CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp