Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a marketplace for RH skins?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a marketplace where you can purchase different RoboHelp skins that others (with far better design skills than I have:-)) have created.

I understand that these will be based on templates that come pre-loaded with RH but I can also see there are many, many ways to improve these templates with various graphical elememts, embedded HMTL, javascript and so on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really - about the only one I know is Willam's site - https://www.helpessentials.com/about/ - but I'm not sure they still offer designs for RH2020+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeff, yes that looks like the sort of thing I am looking for but they seem to have stopped updating their temapltes back in 2018.

Am surprised there is not more of a market for this given the number of RH users out there - surely an opportunity for someone with decent design skills?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't hurt to contact them & see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already done so 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem here is there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that Adobe have to undertake. There are two elements to a skin, the underlaying techie stuff, the layout and the skin you see. With advanced CSS3 and HTML5 skills it is possible to design the skin and some of the current skins started that way, created by outside designers engaged by Adobe. Then however, Adobe need to come in with the layout and the skin editor.

Effectively this means the best things is to customise one of the supplied skins using the skin editor. For frameless skins these are much more powerful than responsive.

Where there could be a marketplace is where someone has heavily customised a skin and is willing to share it. I have seen some skins customised to the point you aren't sure what the base skin was. In terms of a commercial marketplace, I suspect that would have limited appeal to designers because of all the setup.

Maybe pass on some suggestions to whoever you have contacted to see if Adobe can facilitate it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, could you share links to some of the "heavily customised skins", please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They were seen in projects shared with me in the past. I no longer have them and I couldn't share them anyway.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp