• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a RoboHelp 2017 image format that allows you to edit text that you have added to an image?

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to add text to an image in RoboHelp 2017, and subsequently edit the image, to change the language of the added text. I don't think this is possible in RoboHelp 2017, which appears to only allow the following image formats: .gif, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe and .bmp, which cannot be edited in this way. Please could someone confirm whether I can do this in RoboHelp 2017 please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

The answer to your question is No so I'll anticipate that your next question is how can it be done.

I believe it can be done in Flare if you purchase an extra cost add on so if we are into extra cost, there is a solution that will work with some nice benefits. Try SnagIt which I think most authors regard as the best screen capture tool around. Currently about US$50.

What you would do is capture the screen and add the text in SnagIt's own format, then do a Save As in your preferred format for RoboH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your question is No so I'll anticipate that your next question is how can it be done.

I believe it can be done in Flare if you purchase an extra cost add on so if we are into extra cost, there is a solution that will work with some nice benefits. Try SnagIt which I think most authors regard as the best screen capture tool around. Currently about US$50.

What you would do is capture the screen and add the text in SnagIt's own format, then do a Save As in your preferred format for RoboHelp. When you need to translate, go back to the SnagIt format and edit the text and do another Save As. You might prefer to save copies of each SnagIt file in each language to minimise translating later.

Would that work for you?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for confirming this. I have access to an old copy of Paint Shop Pro, which allows me to save the image as a .psd file (Photoshop). I can then edit the file, as required, and then save it as a .png file, which can be used in RoboHelp. I think that will be an acceptable workaround.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, anything that allows you to save in an editable format.

SnagIt's advantage is simply that is great for other features such as creating a jagged edge to show the shot is not the whole screen, dulling areas so that something in particular stands out etc etc.

If Paint Shop Pro works, it's no cost and on with the show.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SnagIt would be helpful, and it's not too expensive. I'll certainly put in a request for it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp