• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues during translation of snippets via XLIFF

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are facing an issue when we try to translate our project.

We export our content as XLIFF. When we re-import the translated content via XLIFF, Snippets are not there anymore.

I first tried to import only the snippet separately >> the correct places are found everywhere in the entire English project and replaced correctly. If I then import the translated topics, the snippets are lost.
Even if I now try to import the snippets again separately, the reference point seems to be lost as soon as the topics containing the snippet have been imported.

There are a view files attached to describe the case in a better way.

You can download these files via this link:

https://cloud.socom.de/s/3gkwt7fqQEtatpn

PW: Adobe2023!

03_XLIFF_Export: 

These are the XLIFF files we create from our project in german language

04_XLIFF_Import

These are the XLIFF files we import after translation back to our RH project

01_Deutsches Topic:

A screenshot from our RH project with content which is not translated yet

02_Deutsches_Topic_Code:

A screenshot of the code as XLIFF which is not translated yet

05_Englisches_Topic:

A screenshot from our RH project after translation and re-import as XLIFF

06_Englisches_Topic_Code

A screenshot of the code as XLIFF after translation.

Thanks in advance for your support and ideas...

Greetings,

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Hi,  This issue is fixed and will be available in RH2022 Update 3. Please verify once you receive the build and let us know in case you face any issues. Thanks and Regards, Pankhuri Saxena

Comment by Pankhuri S.

07/29/2023 14:00:33 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to seeing who had posted I would have declined to click a link that does not make it clear from hovering over the link exactly what you are going to download. I know you from previous posts and that would have helped but I'm still not going to because the files will not help me.

I know the theory of translation but I don't have hands on experience. The theory is explained at RH2022 Translations (grainge.org).

Unless anyone who does have the required knowledge chips in, I suggest you go to Adobe Support on this one. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

I'm sorry I cannot help you.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

thanks for your kind response.
I`ve raised a ticket at Adobe to get a support by them hopefully.

As .zip and .xlf were not allowed to upload directly i had to upload the files on our company share server.

So i had no other possibility to provide these files to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I am facing the same issue , how to tranlate snippets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  This issue is fixed and will be available in RH2022 Update 3. Please verify once you receive the build and let us know in case you face any issues. Thanks and Regards, Pankhuri Saxena

Comment by Pankhuri S.

07/29/2023 14:00:33 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the translations Assets tab, have you included them there?

If you tack onto an existing thread, please include which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

1. Please go to Help > About and include the full version number.
  2. If you are using 2019 also state whether it is 2019 Classic or 2019 New UI.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultegfwr46xcc42 Update 3 is already released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp