Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout issues when upgrading from 2019 Classic to 2020

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I upgraded my large robohelp file from 2019 Classic to 2020 and everything looked fine. I then deployed it to our test static website via Azure Storage. I opened it up and again, everything looked fine.

After Deploying the file to our actual website through Azure, there were some layout and TOC problems. Much of the TOC was fine but on some pages it didn't have the right font and all of the headers were wrong. I think that is the reason for the TOC mixup.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I did notice that the SSL, Language, Layout etc.. files in my classic don't show up in my 2020 (see image). I also included a small image of the css that I see in the 2020. I'm just wondering if some of the fonts couldn't migrate over or something.

We were pretty excited that everything was going so smoothly. But unfortunately it wasn't.

Thanks,

Julianna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Perhaps you have a server caching issue - that can cause all sorts of weirdness with the toc, etc. Your server manager should be able to clear the server cache for you (you should also clear your browser cache before loading the site afterwards).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you generated local & it worked fine & then moved it to another server & it still looked fine, and then moved it again to a third server & it didn't look fine, then something didn't get copied to the third location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the link to the 2nd server. My boss used the terms "absolute" & "relative". 

We're thinking of going into the pages where the layout is wrong and seeing what the css is in the html.

Do you have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may have spotted, the changes from 2019 Classic to 2020 New UI are huge. The RH2020 About Adobe RoboHelp (grainge.org) on my site covers many of them.

• The SSL is now known as a preset and you will find them in the Output tab.
  • The LNG file is also there.
  • GZ files are files created in the output. Is that image from the output or the source? If the latter something is wrong but hopefully it is an image from the output.

The first thing I would do is double click the preset and check the configuration. The go to Reports and look through those for any obvious issues.

Then maybe have a look at the link above to learn a bit more about the areas that are giving you grief.

Do come back here with specifics when you have done that.

The changes in the UI are big but after a while you will find it much easier to find things. I now hate having to go back to Classic.

BTW. Your old Classic project has been left intact so you could still open that in 2019 Classic if you need to get something out of the door urgently.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to post any more images, it helps if you use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I will try the solutions you suggested. I still have a working copy of my Classic file and that it what is on our site now. We have already started some newer help files in 2019 new ui and 2020, so we're getting familiar with it. I'll be working on our other Classic files to update them this year.

I'm tabling it for the rest of the day to get some other stuff done. I'll keep you posted on what I find.

Thanks,

Julianna

PS the GZ files are in the output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links should all be kept relative to each other as long as the folder structure of the output is preserved - if you generate to an "output" folder, all the links between files within the "output" folder should all act fine as long as the entire "output" folder and all its contents are moved to another server. I suspect that your HTML files are referencing a css style sheet that used to be outside the "output" folder (but in a relative location to each other) or were within the "output" folder. If the former, the link may be broken; if the latter, the css may have been moved and is now located somewhere where it can't be seen by the HTML files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

In Classic I never made ouput folders. I just generated the html5. With the new UI I make output folders. So it sounds like my HTML files may be referencing a css style sheet that was outside an output folder since I didn't use an output folder in Classic. Any ideas of how to fix this? Here are the css files that are in the 2020 output: css2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have a server caching issue - that can cause all sorts of weirdness with the toc, etc. Your server manager should be able to clear the server cache for you (you should also clear your browser cache before loading the site afterwards).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

I will try to cache the server. I usually do cache my server after loading. I'll try before and see what happens.

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I usually cache my browser after loading..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

After going through css stuff and not finding any problems finally tried caching the server and it's looking good so far!! I really appreciate everyone pitching in here. This is a pretty big deal for us that this is working out. 

Thanks,

Julianna 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All versions of Rh create an output folder. In Classic it is in the SSL folder in the project by default but it can be wherever a user defines. In the New UI you are not allowed to generate to within the project as some users generated to the root of the project thereby trashing their source files. 

In the new UI if you don't define an output folder, it is created in Documents > My RoboHelp projects. It can be changed in the preset to wherever you want, other than within the project.

As the project is working locally it must be seeing the CSS and that is in the output folders. Thus we are back to what is on the server does not seem to be the full output.

I notice your path includes SVN which I believe is source control. I don't use source control but I don't think that's how it works. You generate locally and create a publish profile to which you generate. @Amebr has knowledge of source control and maybe @Jeff_Coatsworth so I will leave them to comment on that.

I think you need a tool to compare what is generated locally with what is on the server if it is not a caching issue. I do know that javascript files uploaded can fail to operate for a while, later than other files. I have seen it take a few hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp