• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to startpage not working in Microsoft Edge

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the HTML output of RoboHelp 2020.8.34.

The link to Startpage in the Breadcrumb-Menu seems not to work correctly when these conditions are met:

1. Microsoft Edge is used.

2. A specific topic is opened directly (e.g. by using a link) and not opened using the menu.

3. The html output is served by a webserver.

If then the link to startpage is used, a error from webserver occurs that "directory listing is turned off". It seems that RoboHelp tries to open a directory rather than the startpage.

However, the link to startpage works when

1. Google Chrome is used

2. or Firefox is used

3. or the html output is opened directly from hard disk, i.e. in browser a path like D:\RH\Output\1\topic.htm is used and not http://localhost/1/topic.htm.

Can someone verify this?

This is the link ("Startseite" is german for "Startpage"):

2022-08-18_09h35_00.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Edge is it? The "IE" version or the chrome version? If you aren't sure, post the full version number and I can google to find out, then see if I have the right version to test with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the chromium-version. Version number 104.0.1293.54 (64 Bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does it act the same way in Chrome? And what form of HTML output are you creating? Does it make any difference if you change from a skinned version to frameless? Or use the sample project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could reproduce the behavior with the samle project "Compass Travel".

I had to change the project a little bit so that it uses Breadcrumbs in Master Page and not as setting in Skin. So I unchecked "Breadcrumbs" in Skins -> "Studio_Compass_Travel", added a Breadcrump in Master Pages -> "Compass_Travel_NoBreadcrumbs" (using "Edit Header" button in toolbar and then "Breadcrumb"-Button) and set this Master Page in Preset "Default Studio Frameless". I then generated the output for "Default Studio Frameless".

Now open index.htm in Edge using a web server (like httpd) and click on "OUR DESTINATIONS". This page has a breadcrumb top right. Click on "Home" in breadcrumb.

--> The directory listing is shown or an error is shown that directory cannot be listed. However, it works in Firefox and if you open the index.htm directly with double click (i.e. without web browser).

I also observed the same error behavior now in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit I was kind of hoping it was the "IE" version of Edge. 😛

It's hard to imagine what Microsoft did, given it works fine in Chrome. I'd follow Jeff's advice and try a sample project to narrow down if it's a consistent problem or something specific to your project. The sample projects should be in your Documents folder under My Robohelp Projects. But if not, you can copy fresh versions from the RH installation directory. NOTE: don't try to run them from there as there are security protections on that folder that will cause it to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a large bank that is running Chromium Edge in IE mode. We discovered this when we ran into the exact issue you're having. You can quickly tell if Edge is in IE mode by looking for the IE logo to the left of your URL. 

The other way to find out is to open Settings & more > More tools. If you see Open sites in Microsoft Edge at the end of the list, your Edge is running in IE mode. Even if we set the option to use Edge, it resets for each tab that is opened.

We have been told this will not change until older apps that must have IE are gone or replaced with updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the chrome version of edge, nor a webserver to test the output on, sorry. Your best bet at this point would be to contact support. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated Robohelp team. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp