Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked PDF does not highlight search terms

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019

I brought a PDF in as a linked file and TOC'd it as a file.

In the ResponsiveHTML5 output, the PDF opens in a browser as expected and find the search term, but the term does not appear highlighted.  I have tried this is Chrome and IE.  

I have also checked that highlighting is selected as a property in the Word doc when saving as PDF.

How do I get the search terms to appear highlighted in the results when searched in RoboHelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it is meant to but to check I need to know more than 2019. Sorry but I can't remember which version everyone uses. Classic or New UI? Also which responsive layout?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 New UI

It turns out its OK for the user to be using the search functionality within the PDF itself, so its no longer an issue.  But, I would like to know why I'm not brought go to the location of the search term within the PDF itself when I click on a hit within RoboHelp.  Also, why the term isnt highlighted when I find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say it's because the pdf is not HTML output, so the javascript that makes the text highlight and jumps to the location can't work in the pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp