• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List style problem with Word output

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RH 2019 with new UI. When generating a Word output, the mapping option does not appear to have the option to map List styles. So, all List Styles are converted to Normal style in Word.

This requires every list in the Word document to be assigned a Word style manually, as I use several list styles.

Is there a way to get Word to recognize different List styles? 

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I know you or a related P? Ignore if that makes no sense.

The short answer is No. The reason I only learned recently is that technically Word does not have list styles. What they are is autonumbered paragraphs. For reasons beyond me, that means the styles cannot be mapped.

All I can say for now is that Adobe are aware of the problems this creates and hopefully will find a solution.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

We may know each other and yes, Paula is my wife.

Is there a way to create a Paragraph style in RH that contains a list? This may solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/reminisces/ Back in the ehelp/macromedia days it was possible to map lists. About Adobe RH7 or 8 I think was when mapping stopped being possible. I was so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was back in the days of the DOC format rather than DOCX. I understand that is the reason for the difference.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lazer. Yes we had dinner at the hotel where Rick Stone and I stayed in Jerusalem. This was the view from my room. I can always tell when a news shot is from Jerusalem as there is no other city like it at night. That was thirteen years ago!

image.png

OK, to the matter in hand. If I have understood you correctly, an autonumbered paragraph in RoboHelp seems to fit the bill. You would open the RoboHelp CSS editor and create one or more classes such as p.numb, p.lcalpha and p.ucalpha. Then go to Properties for those styles and set up the type of numbering.

image.png

With this type of list I don't think you can restart numbering within a topic. Not 100% sure but I couldn't see an option once you have used the list in a topic. The Start From field doesn't appear to work.

Does that work for your issue?

Kind regards to you and Paula.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp