• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

loadprojdata.js issue with MSM_PROJ_DATA.PROJ_DATA_FILENAME

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wise RoboHelp Folks! We are having an issue with help files produced by Robohelp 2017 v13.0.2. We are using a WebHelp output and Robohelp’s loadprojdata.js script contains the following line:

1. window.gProjDataFile = "{{MSM_PROJ_DATA.PROJ_DATA_FILENAME}}";

This appears to be a templated value which should be replaced with actual values, but that is never happening. Eventually that makes its way to these lines:
var projDataFile = rootRelPath + "/" + gProjDataFile;

1. xmlJsReader.loadFile(projDataFile, callbackProjDataLoaded, projDataCBObj);

An attempt is made to access a file with the literal name "{{MSM_PROJ_DATA.PROJ_DATA_FILENAME}}", which fails and produces an error in our website’s log file. Could we delete this file safely without impacting anything?

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask what is the effect of that on the help working?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter,

First, thanks for responding!

Second, thanks for being such an amazing RoboHelp resource. I follow your site and my team and I call you the RoboHelp Rock Star. You've saved us in many a pinch.

Third, in response: We're not aware of any impact to the help. We're looking into this because we host our help files on our own cloud server and implemented a log file to help catch errors. The JS issue is creating a lot of errors that we don't think are truly errors because the help functions they way it should. But it creating a lot clutter in the error log!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have included this, but we are curious if we can remove the code to rid ourselves of the errors. We're hypothesizing all will be OK because it doesn't seem to be doing anything valuable so we can't make things worse, but we're not confident we won't break a help feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time we see posts here saying that this test tool or that is reporting errors. When we ask what problem it causes, it is usually as here that an error is reported but the help works fine.

I think it is more a case the tool does not understand some of the code used so it reports an error.

I can't say whether or not it is safe to remove it. Sometimes when people do, their next post is along the lines, this or that doesn't work what's the problem. Err, the fact that you messed with it might have a bearing.

Try with a backup if you must but be wary. Sometimes the issue won't be obvious at first.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter! We'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do let us know how it goes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely! Thank you again for your time and help. You are an invaluable resource for me and my team! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp