Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing the TOC

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All! 

I'm wondering if someone can help me out as I'm not sure on how I'm supposed to do this. 

I'm generating a frameless output and have my TOC all sorted out. 

I have different sorts of documents:

Elisa23713550j81w_0-1652794295679.png

But when you click on one you see the whole TOC on the right side. I only want to see the TOC for the FAQ for example instead of all the documents that I have. :

Elisa23713550j81w_1-1652794363316.png

Is there a setting or a way for me to only have the current 'projects' TOC on the right side?

this is my TOC in Robohelp:

Elisa23713550j81w_2-1652794463014.png

I hope I'm explaining this well and that someone could help me. 

have a great day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2020? All patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm using the latest version of Robohelp 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please always show the full version from Help > About. Currently it is 2020.7.46.

We have had threads before where someone says they have the latest but it isn't. With the full version number, we can be sure.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisa23713550j81w_1-1652796355010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have said "when you click on one you see the whole TOC on the right side" and shown it on the left. Then you have asked if you can show it on the right. I assume the first statement is a typo.

The mini toc on the right shows the current topic's headings, which is not quite the same but is close. If that is not acceptable, then responsive HTML5 has a couple of RTL options but frameless is generally a better option.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

That was indeed a typo! I meant on the left side. 

When I create the TOC in Robohelp, I categorize it into different sections. But those sections also show up on the TOC on the left side, but I don't want them there. So is there a way for me to lock certain parts of the TOC away once you are in the desired folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in the way you are wanting. You could apply Dynamic Content Filtering but the user would have to select their section. You can see it in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. I doubt that will be what you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that also means if you have hundreds of documents that they would show up on the left side TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until a filter is applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp