• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping IDs (Context Sensitive)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made mapping IDs for the pages, using the IDs in the software provided by the developers?

However, after implementation on the software the Ids appears different when open the help and does not open the intended page?

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I check so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I don't do code so it is for your developers to look at what they have done.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how they call the ids in the web help.

They do not find anything wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I cannot help you further on this. As far as I can see, the IDs are correct in RoboHelp and you have confirmed that.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the index.htm file that they are calling? The highlighted code in the screen shot is not a valid RoboHelp context sensitive help call. If you go through the WebHelp main window, I would expect something like this:

http://localhost/newproject_csh.htm#topicnumber=3,withnavpane=true (the topic number is the Map#)

If you are using Responsive HTML5, I would expect something like this:

http://localhost/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapno=8

If I look at the code, the only way the highlighted code would work is if your index.htm contains some custom JavaScript to transform the id to a RoboHelp supported call.

Point your developers to this resource. This lists all the options for them: https://www.helpessentials.com/2017/08/07/context-sensitivity-in-webhelp-and-flashhelp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would help others if you could post whether Willam's reply pointed your developers in the right direction. If not, then how they did resolve it would be useful. Thanks.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp