• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page not getting applied in Word Preset

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Word output preset to include a Master Page in version 2020.8.34.  Word templates are not used. I've tried creating new MPs and topics and even projects, still no luck.  The Responsive HTML5 output preset does generate the Master Page content.  Any ideas why?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

You don't. In Classic there was control over each of the sections. In 2019 and 2020 the Word output had little control. Things have changed in 2022. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying the topics in Word output are not showing the header and footer of the master page and the CSS attached to the master page is not being applied to the topics? 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats what I mean.  This is happening on a project and topics that have been upgraded from an older version and I believe that to be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the slow reply. I have just tested this and it seems to be working fine. The master page I applied in the preset is showing the fonts in the style of the CSS attached to the template.

See the Contact page on my site and send me a dummy project with this problem as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will see if I can identify the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I ended up creating a new project and Book TOC then importing the files/topics I needed and the Master page header and footer sections did show up in the Word Preset output.  The Front Matter and Back Matter sections also had the header and footer sections however the Chapter Title/Title field was empty for those pages inside (TOC Page, Other page)(Index Page). How do you configure a Title for those pages?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. In Classic there was control over each of the sections. In 2019 and 2020 the Word output had little control. Things have changed in 2022. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Come back if you have problems after reading what's in the RoboHelp Tour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp