Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MiniTOC - No hyperlinks beyond H2

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2022.0.346

When I use a MiniTOC in a topic that is configured to display H2 through H4 headings (default setting), only the H2 headings have links associated with them. 

2022-11-20_7-08-40.png

Bug, feature, or configuration error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Add the bookmark after the heading. It works then.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page was created using 2022.0 and you will see the second level links are working so I think that rules out there being a bug. I have done nothing more than apply some styling as described on my site. See Snippets (grainge.org) > Generating Outputs > Item 7 for that.

It should work by default. Test the same issue in the About RoboHelp sample project. Click Open Project and browse to Documents, then My RoboHelp Projects. Also try a fresh copy of whichever skin you are using.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. After seeing your reassurance that it should work, I dug in and found that the thing breaking it was the fact that I had added bookmarks to all of these H3 headers. If I remove the bookmarks/anchor elements, the MiniTOC is as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that should break it. Please confirm that in another project and if it repeats, it should be reported as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean you replicated the problem in a new project using a default skin and tested the About RoboHelp sample project?

I rather doubt this is a bug as it is a feature that has been in place for some time and no one else is reporting this issue. 

My concern is it could take some time for this to be investigated and you will not be any further forward in seeing it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what it means. The issue doesn't exist in RH2020.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new project and this is what I see in the output. In source the topic has links as shown and in the output.

image.png

That is why I am struggling to see this as a bug. If it were, the problem would exist for everyone.

In the new project did you use the default CSS and new topics or did you import anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you add bookmarks to those headings? That is the thing that is causing the issue. 

This does not work:

<body>
  <h1>Test</h1>
  <div class="minitoc" data-minitoc-targetid="drop-down" data-type="minitoc" style="">
    <p class="minitoc-caption" data-close-text="" data-expanded="true" data-open-text="Contents" data-type="minitoc-caption" href="#" style="">Mini TOC (placeholder)</p>
    <ol class="minitoc-list" data-from-selector="h2" data-to-selector="h4" data-type="minitoc-list" style="">
      <li>Heading</li>
    </ol>
  </div>
  <h2><a id="bookmark"></a>Level 1</h2>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3><a id="bookmark1"></a>Level 1a</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h2>Level 2</h2>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3>Level 2a</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h4>Level 2aa</h4>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3>Level 2b</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
</body>

2022-11-22_9-19-16_test.png

But this does:

<body>
  <h1>Test</h1>
  <div class="minitoc" data-minitoc-targetid="drop-down" data-type="minitoc" style="">
    <p class="minitoc-caption" data-close-text="" data-expanded="true" data-open-text="Contents" data-type="minitoc-caption" href="#" style="">Mini TOC (placeholder)</p>
    <ol class="minitoc-list" data-from-selector="h2" data-to-selector="h4" data-type="minitoc-list" style="">
      <li>Heading</li>
    </ol>
  </div>
  <h2>Level 1</h2>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3>Level 1a</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h2>Level 2</h2>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3>Level 2a</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h4>Level 2aa</h4>
  <p>Words</p>
  <h3>Level 2b</h3>
  <p>Words</p>
</body>

2022-11-22_9-19-16_test2.png

The difference being that the top has bookmarks added at the "Level 1" and "Level 1a" headers, while the bottom does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the bookmark after the heading. It works then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AthensSlim Did that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's an effective workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp