• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Folders

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2015. RoboHelp stopped working while I was in the middle of a project. When I reopened the project, several folders went missing from my Project Files list. Is there a way to bring them back without recreating the folders and reimporting the content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to check:

From the Project tab, click Display Topics and see if the Empty Folders item changes anything. (it could be that for whatever reason the topics were dropped and leaving the folders empty and if you aren't viewing empty folders...)

tmp1.png

Perhaps the Project Manager pod simply needs to be expanded?

tmp2.png

If neither one of these is the case, perhaps try clobbering the CPD file.

Click here to watch a video on how to clobber the CPD

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried those ideas but it didn't work. The folders and content are on the source drive but they do not load into the project. The long way is to recreate the folders and reimport the content. I was hoping there was a quicker way to recover the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find that on creating the folder and importing the first topic, the others will appear. I have seen that happen with images.

If not though, you can select all the topics in a folder so it shouldn't be too bad unless you have lost lots of folders.

Where is the project located?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is stored on an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects can also be on a network and most times that works fine, although Adobe do caution it is dependent on the network. I had wondered if that might be the issue here but it is not. I very often work from an external drive and have never had a problem although I could see it might be if the cable was knocked and temporarily broke the connection or something like that. As I say, I have had no problems working this way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had this problem working from a network drive, so we went to external drives. We have a lot of nested folders which could be driving RoboHelp crazy. Those are the folders that disappear when the app crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be hitting the 256 Windows character limit in a path? That would

explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We encountered that earlier in the project and adjusted several of our topics to resolve the issue. At least I'm able to reimport the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp