• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing index entries

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several topics that are not appearing in the index once the help file is precompiled.  They all show in the Author/Index tab.  This is with RoboHelp 2019.  The index keywords are all specified correctly in the content files.  Is there a bug or some fix for this to get all the index files in the output?

Thanks!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything different between ones that work & ones that don't? Does it still misbehave if you produce some other output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only output form that works is WebHelp.  Both printed and Microsoft Help output formats skip over some of the index entries.  I can't see any settings that are different between the index entries that appear and the ones that don't.  The only way I can get some of them to appear is to either put in a cross reference or include the items in the Table of Contents.  

I think that this must be a bug in RoboHelp.  Hopefully, there is a workaround out there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that RoboHelp is up to date.  I have version 2019.0.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're behind one patch - try checking for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest patch.  The behavior is the same.  New content items are not added to the index unless I also put them in the TOC, despite the index keyword being defined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no... What a horrible bug.  So essentially, the index keyword is now useless for auto generating an index.  Everyting has to be added to the TOC and then a bunch of it hidden by navagating to a checkbox on each.  I have a ton of items that shoudl be in the index but not in the TOC.  Is there any way to obtain a prevous RH version that does not have this bug and convert the files to that version?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say topics are not appearing in the index. Are they in the build? Can you find them by searching. The way it works now is the topic has to be in the TOC and if it is, then its index entry is there. The index entries are held within the topic.

There's no bug here, just a different way of working.

I think those topics were not in the TOC, therefore not in the output and therefore the index entry in the topic did not show.

Does that clarify things?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp