• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing & misplaced items in TOC in responsive HTML5 help, but not when viewed on hard drive

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My responsive HTML5 output has none of the following issues when viewed either from my hard drive or from our company's network drive.

After our IT person pushed the file to our server on Edge, however, I saw the following issues when viewing the Help site from Edge:

• Some TOC entries were missing, but their corresponding topics were not: they were linked from and accessible from other topics in the output
  • For one of the pieces of content that was present in Help (called, "ERP"), but not represented in the TOC, when I navigate to ERP by clicking a link within another topic, a different TOC entry (to a topic called, "E-verify") is highlighted. When I click the e-verify entry in the TOC, it takes me to the e-verify topic as expected. 
  • Some TOC entries from a previous version of the TOC were displayed (but there were new items in there as well that were not created at the time)
  • Some TOC entries were in the wrong TOC book (they had never been in those books in any iteration of the TOC)

Again, none of these issues are present when I open the very same file from either my hard drive or from the shared network from which our IT guy deployed the file. The TOC displays and works it should and so does the content.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer!

Dawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Hi there

Sounds to me as if some of the content wasn't replaced properly.

I'd suggest deleting the entire file set on the server, then copying the fresh set over.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds to me as if some of the content wasn't replaced properly.

I'd suggest deleting the entire file set on the server, then copying the fresh set over.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!!!! Thanks so much for your help and for the quick response!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if it happens again, try clearing your browser cache, closing all your browser windows, waiting 5min and trying again. (I don't know why waiting 5 min helps, as clearing your cache should be instant, but it generally does.)

I've found server caching to be particularly 'sticky' recently. (EDIT: particularly around the ToC, which will show old entries and not synchronise correctly, as you described)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp