Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify Studio home page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2020.7.46, Frameless preset, customized Studio skin 

We are trying to design a custom home page for our help site. In an earlier post, I asked about removing the tiles and displaying our own content instead while preserving the top section of the home page, and I got some excellent advice from this community (for which, thank you 🙂 ).

Now I'm asking for suggestions about another idea that's been floated. The general idea is to have a home page of tiles, where each tile would have a small image of our choosing, the title of a top-level section, and some hyperlinks to the most frequently used topics in that section. The goal would be to use as much of the framework of the Studio home page as possible but add more content to it. 

My understanding is that we can use our own images and change the size of the tiles. And if we enable the "Tile Description" option, the description for each top-level topic will be included in the tile below the title. So my question is: Can the topic description include hyperlinks? And if not, is there a way to get hyperlinks into those tiles?

Thanks for any ideas or guidance---I'm not a designer but have access to one (who is not familiar with RoboHelp at all, unfortunately).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole tile area is itself a hyperlink so I would doubt it is possible.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I just figured that out 🙂 [that the whole tile functions as a single hyperlink, no matter how many of the possible elements it includes]. I tried entering a hyperlink in the description but it was interpreted as plain text. 

The reason we would be trying to work with the skin home page would be to make sure our custom home page is still responsive, as well as ADA-compliant [which means we can't use a table to achieve our design].  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp