Modify the style of breadcrumbs in HTML5 Help - RoboHelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator - moved from old thread to its own]

Hi @Captiv8r (Rick),

I am resurrecting this post from 7 years ago 😁

I'm having problems with formatting with breadcrumbs. I would like the formatting to be synonymous to the picture that you included above where the subtopic page I am on is in black text and the parent page of that subtopic is in blue text. This way the user knows that the parent page is a link that they can visit.

I tried following @symmetricalMan's steps but was not having much luck... I was wondering if you have any advice 🙂

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's not that active with RH anymore - what version of RH are you running & what output are you creating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff_Coatsworth,

Thanks for your response! I'm using Adobe RoboHelp Version 2020.8.34. I'm creating a Responsive HTML5 output.

For reference, below is the breadcrumbs output that I currently see:Not correct_Breadcrumbspng.png

Below is the output format that I would like to see:
Breadcrumbs correct format.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any easy way to configure it in the user interface.

You could try adding the following code to your stylesheet assuming you're using Responsive HTML5 output. Note that I have only done a quick test in Responsive output and haven't looked at Frameless or any other output. You should test thoroughly to make sure it works throughout your project.

Change the properties to what you need for your output.

What this says is "For every a inside the breadcrumbs section, make the text underlined and blue. And override any more specific inline styling applied. Then for the last item in the breadcrumbs section, inherit the style from the parent element." (For the last bit, I *think* the inherit forces the style back to the inline style defined in the output, but I haven't thoroughly tested with different fonts defined on p tags for example. If you find 'inherit' doesn't work for your situation, just enter the specific values you need.)

.breadcrumbs a {
  text-decoration: underline !important;
  color: blue !important;
}
.breadcrumbs li:last-of-type a {
  text-decoration: inherit !important;
  color: inherit !important;
}

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, @Amebr! I really appreciate the explanation of the code too. Adding this code to my stylesheet was able to solve the issue I was facing 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp