• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More details on search?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RH2020.3.32 responsive html project.

When I use the search term Report-13 or even 13 I want the search engine to return a specific page.

Report-13 is a heading 2 style on the page (I thought H2 were used in search?), I've added the search keywords report-13 and 13 to the file. I've selected every search checkbox for the responsive HTML output. What does "Add special characters for search" do? I added the dash into the box, it doesn't seem to do anything. I am probably not using it correctly.

If I check - Display results with all keywords I get 0 results when searching for report-13, 13, and "report-13".

If I don't check Display results with keywords and search:

1. report-13 - I only get results with the word report, the file I want is listed second but the Report-13 isn't listed in the text or highlighted so a user won't know to select that result.
  2. 13 - nothing - Shouldn't I get the file returned since I added 13 as a search term for the file? does search not work with numbers?
  3. "report-13" - I get the page and two other pages with the words report-13 in the body of the files.

I tried looking through RH help but didn't find much of anything useful. Is there somewhere I can read about how to configure search?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a six topic project for quick testing.

Using Azure Blue I searched on Report 13.

image.png

Sixth Topic has Report-13 as a Heading 2.

Third Topic has Report-13 in the text.

Second Topic as the number 13 in the text.

That would seem to be the right order.

These are the settings. No search keywords set.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I finally bit the bullet and rebuilt my project instead of upgrading it and now the search works as expected. I wish there was an easier way or a way to just rebuild the search.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp