• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More than four menu item levels possible?

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more than four Menu Item Levels for our online help. We have now also created a fifth level, but the problem is that we cannot format it.

Is there a way to have more than four menu item levels and format them?
The fifth level is then inserted and displayed flush left in the menu again, see screenshots.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Try the following. You'll need to test extensively to make sure it doesn't break anything, but it's mostly done using the editor.

In the skin editor update the following:

• menu: set padding-left to 1rem
  • submenu: set padding-left to 1em
  • menu-item-level-#: for all 4 entries, set padding-left to 0 px

Create a custom css file with the following definition:

.RH-LAYOUT-MENUBAR-submenu {
	width: auto;
}

In the skin editor on the Layout tab, add the custom css in the User Assets section.

Keep in mi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The skin editor only seems to offer four levels so I'm guessing you have somehow edited the code to add a fifth level. All editing is supposed to be done through the skin editor with the option to run javascript after generating. Quite how you would do that I have no idea.

You can try support to see if they know better. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Otherwise I think it will be a feature request unless someone else comes along with a solution.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking some more about this, I think all that happened is that you created five levels in the TOC but can only format four. Still not something I can help you with but try Support. I think the end result though will be a feature request.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the following. You'll need to test extensively to make sure it doesn't break anything, but it's mostly done using the editor.

In the skin editor update the following:

• menu: set padding-left to 1rem
  • submenu: set padding-left to 1em
  • menu-item-level-#: for all 4 entries, set padding-left to 0 px

Create a custom css file with the following definition:

.RH-LAYOUT-MENUBAR-submenu {
	width: auto;
}

In the skin editor on the Layout tab, add the custom css in the User Assets section.

Keep in mind thar Top Nav isn't designed for more than one or two sub menus though, so it'll get progressively harder to incorporate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp