• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a topic from one folder to another folder in RH 2019 project

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2019.0.14 with Git for version control. When I move a topic (by dragging the topic in the Content pane) from one folder to another, the Moving dialog box appears and it remains there forever. I have to close the project and even Exit Robohelp to get rid of the Moving dialog.

Moving.jpg

The topic is moved to the required folder but the links on this page are not updated.

Can you suggest an automatic way of updating the links?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The topic is moved to the required folder but the links on this page are not updated."

Correction: 

The topic is moved to the required folder but the links of this topic on the other topics of the project are not updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't used source control in a long time and never GIT, but perhaps these ideas might help in future.

Was the topic checked out before you dragged it to a new folder? If not, perhaps in future try checking the topic out before moving it.

If the topic was already checked, perhaps check out the entire project first, then move the topic.

My thinking with these suggestions is that there is some slowness in communicating between your computer and the GIT server, and some process is timing out, causing the failure. Checking everything out should remove any network issues that could be causing problems.

For the existing broken links, I would recommend reverting to your previous check-in (before the move) assuming you checked in recently and won't lose too many other changes, and try my suggestions above. Otherwise, I think you'll have to run the broken links report and manually fix all the references to the search.htm topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp