• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Microcontent Mini-FAQs in Topic

Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running RoboHelp 2020.7 (Windows). (Evaluating/QA'ing the RoboHelp 2022 update)

Generarating Frameless output.

I'd like to create a section in a topic very similar to this example from Nike.com, whereby each link in each of the six sections is a drop-down that contains an answer to the question:

qck-assst.png

Initially, I thought I might be able to create each of the 6 sections by creating 6 different microcontents (sort of like mini-FAQs). So using the image example above, I'd create a DISPATCH & DELIVERY microcontent with the corresponding intents and responses, and then a RETURNS microcontent with its intents/responses, etc., and then insert each of them in the topic (don't worry about the grid formatting - I can handle that aspect).

I poked around and tried a few different things, but couldn't get this to work. I realize there are other ways to design/deliver this content, but microcontent (if it worked) seemed like it'd be the slickest/most efficient way because we expect to regularly update the intents/responses in each "microcontent" based on end user data/analytics.

Is it currently possible to insert multiple microtents in a single topic so that each renders in the topic output as its own dedicated mini-FAQ?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easier way for what you are showing would be to create a table with no visible borders and then just create dropdowns in the cells.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for the response. The 2-row, 3-column format isn't the issue - the content is. I was hoping to leverage the microcontent feature in order to re-use/single-source existing content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format of Microcontent is as shown at RH2020 Microcontent (grainge.org) and I don't think setting out the way you want is possible without a lot of experimentation. I am thinking of DIV tags here but I don't know if it would work, it's just what I would be trying.

Setting up positioned DIV tags is easier in 2022. See RH2022 Bits and Pieces (grainge.org)

If it proves too difficult, consider dropdowns with snippets in them so reuse content.

Let us know how you get on.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate the feedback. I logged an enhancement request: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-11133

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it's not entirely what you want, it seems possible to insert snippets into the Response, so you could get part way there by putting the response text in a snippet to be reused between the microcontent response field (If you wanted a global faq, or chat bots, etc) and the required topic mini-FAQ - the intent text would have to be duplicated in the intent field and as the dropdown heading in your example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp