• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a step-by-step guide to get custom ToC icons working in Rh 2019 (Update 8)!

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So far, I have:

• Installed update 8
  • Re-upgraded my 2019 Classic skin
  • Imported it and added the custom CSS and images as user assets
  • Generated my output with the re-upgraded skin
  • In a separate attempt, added the images to each book/topic on the ToC itself and used a skin without the ToC CSS

What crucial step am I missing here? From perusing the forums and the original issue, other people have managed to get it working, I just can't figure out how they did it...

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  believe that custom book and topic images only work in the new frameless skins at the moment.

Try one to check.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I really like (and appreciate) your Robohelp 2019 tour (everyone should read it if interested in some nuts & bolts info about RH2019). I'd love to see more details in there about the frameless skins with added details about where things are (as in TOC images) and whether it's possible to move the Search box to the top right side of a frameless topic.

I'd be happy to collaborate if desired. Thanks!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be possible later but right now I am having to give priority to updating with the new features and the changes to the earlier topics as 2019 evolves.

Because the frameless skins are essentially made up of DIV tags, it's my understanding that it's a case of  rewriting how that they are defined. It's beyond basic HTML5 and CSS3 and I try to keep things at that sort of level. It will take quite some time to figure that out.

Thanks for the kind words, good to know it helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp