Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No spell checker in RH 2019 "classic"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I installed the latest version of RH (I'm still using the "classic" version and not the new version), my spell checker stopped working.

I've reinstalled 2019, but it still won't work. No little reminders when I mistype, and the full menu option tells me everything is fine even when I type gibberish.

I even tried changing the dictionary to another language (apparently I spell awesomely in French because there were no mistakes. The language I write in is English by the way).

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nicola

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine for me. Check Review > Spelling Options is set to check as you type.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I checked.

Using Review> Spell check all topics doesn't work either. And it's not erroring, it just thinks that weiuweowuroiweur is a real English word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see under Modify?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't go back to check it out and thought it was something else.

Same in all projects?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, every project I've opened has no spell checker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are up to date with Updates (3 being the latest).

If so, it sounds like time for Adobe Support. I've not heard of anyone else having this issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is not an isolated incident. Spellcheck isn't working for anyone in my department (checked with 5 people so far). I checked the settings ad they are the same as HelpDragoncity. I also ran a manual check on the entire project ("Spell Check Project" button) hoping that would trigger something, but still no spellcheck. I tried creating a project from scratch - still no spellcheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: RH support just spent a good hour or two on my computer trying to work out what's wrong. They de-installed then reinstalled RH as well as removing registry keys and deleting files... all with no effect. So I still don't have a spellchecker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message. Please check and provide the information so that we can connect and assist you further.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajit,

I haven't received a private message yet, can you resend?

Thanks,

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Ajit talked to a colleague of mine today. The spellcheck still isn't working, so Adobe suspects there is an issue in our company setup (given that it's not working for anyone in the office). I will try to install a trial on my home PC this weekend and wi'll see what happens. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

I have sent you a private message.

Please provide the requested information so that we can connect with you.

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HelpDragoncity​ and Ioana_St 

We have some update on the spell check issue. After investigation we figured that RoboHelp 2019 installer is not installing some Microsoft library which it uses. That's why the users who have earlier versions of RoboHelp installed on their machines, spell check is working fine because earlier versions installs that library. I believe on your machines you do not have any earlier versions of Robohelp installed.

We will provide the fix in update 4 which is schedule for second week of Jan 2019. If you need spell check to work before that then i would suggest install Robohelp 2017 or 2015 once and then you can uninstall if you want.

We apologies for all the trouble caused. We will provide the resolution with update 4.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, Vivek. I have passed this on to my colleagues who have already updated. The rest of us will wait for update 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. (Sorry I have not scrolled down to see if you ppl have resolved it yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what response are you expecting?

There is a solution posted.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I installed the update on 2/1/19, and still no spell checker even after a restart. I don't know if that update was supposed to have the spellchecker in it, I've kind of lost the will to live after the amount of 2019 reinstallations I've done now.

So I downloaded 2017 from here: Download RoboHelp | 2017, 2015, 11, 10, 9, and 8 uninstalled 2019 and then installed 2017. I then had spellchecking.

After reinstalling 2019 (I hope you're still with me), I FINAL:LY have spellchecking.

So, if you have trouble, uninstall 2019, install 2017 (open it), then reinstall 2019.

Nicola.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicola

Update 4 has not been released yet so I read Vivek's response as installing 2017 first on a new machine would fix the problem in 2019.

With Update 4 applied, it would not have been necessary to install 2017 first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a feeling it was too soon, but I've reached the point where it was better to install 2017 and get the spell checker working. Especially  as it seems I can't spell "Opportunities" when typing fast (and guess what I'm documenting)

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Job opportunities"?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooooo,, that's bad But wholly appropriate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp