Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No text wrapping in Design Editor display

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning All!

Something has happened to RH and when I look at Design Editor, the text is no longer wrapping the way it used to and I have to constantly move the scroll bar at the bottom of the interface to read what exists at the far right of the screen. (I am not referring to the text wrapping feature around a graphic.)

I have no idea what happened, its been like this for a couple days.

I sure would like to see my entire topic in the Design Editor w/o having to use the scroll bar! That's time consuming and a bit annoying.

I'd really appreciate some help.......

I am using Version 8.02208.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Hi and good evening

Is your zoom perhaps set to a value larger than 100%?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and good evening

Is your zoom perhaps set to a value larger than 100%?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! That was it!

I guess I need to invest in some stronger eyeglasses....instead of zooming in! LOL

Again, a thousand thank yous.

Deb Slutzky

DataCore Software

Sr. Technical Writer

954/377-6028

Deborah.Slutzky@datacore.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your WYSIWYG zoom level set at?

Capture2.png

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, that was it.

I had my zoom set to over 100%.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I have to invest in some new eyeglasses! LOL

I appreciate your help!!!!!!!!

Deb Slutzky

DataCore Software

Sr. Technical Writer

954/377-6028

Deborah.Slutzky@datacore.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah! Just get your IT people to buy you a larger monitor

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at Page 38 of "Adobe Robohelp 2017" The Essentials (Kevin Siegel and William van Weelden) they give a text wrapping problem as being caused by the &$160; entity within the HTML code. The same thing (a non-breaking space) can be produced using   instead of  

In this case, the text just keeps on going way out to the right.  Click on "HTML" to go into code view and you see that every word is separated by  

If you Search and Replace (Control-H) on &$160; (replace with a space made by using the spacebar) the text will once again wrap within the Design Editor window.

Otherwise, you can use Control-[mousewheel] to Zoom the contents of the Design Editor in and out (to make it big or small so it'll fit left-right-wise inside the Design Editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bvconway. There's actually a problem with zooming in Robohelp, where when you zoom in, the "page" expands off the viewable area and you have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view the enlarged text. This is what these people you are replying to had the problem with, not with space character entities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp