Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all conditional tags are showing after I converted from classic to new UI

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I just converted a large file from classic to the new UI. So far everything looks pretty good.

I did notice that all but 3 of my conditional tags made the list in the new UI, even though content that has the missing tags assigned look like they are still tagged (a combo of yellow/green color). When I try to create an output the tags don't show up in Condition Expression either.

Can anyone tell me why this happened?

Thanks,

Julianna

TOPICS
Classic , New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Classic was the project in & what version of New UI was used in the upgrading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you up to date on that RH2019 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm not part of Adobe, my use of RH Classic over many years suggests to me that the database RH Classic uses on a daily basis, and the text files that store administrative data like condition tags, frequently got out of sync for unknown reason. It seems to me that the upgrade process uses the text files not the database. So while everything could appear fine while working on an existing project, deleting the cpd or upgrading a project would reveal these underlying issues.

Theoretically if the content is still correctly tagged, all you need to do is add the missing tags to the Condition Tag list, correct any condition expressions and make sure the correct expression is selected in the output preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I believe my 2019 RH is up to date.

Hi  Amebr,

Should I remove the tags on the new UI content first and then replace with the tags that I add as you've suggested?

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not Amber but she should be asleep.

Try just creating the tags with exactly the same names. Check they work in Preview and then confirm by generating an output. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp