• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On This Page links or TOC

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a On This Page TOC or Links on each topic in which Heading 2 or Heading 3 sub-sections are listed in the top right corner of the topic allowing the user to "jump" to these sub-sections and not have to scroll down and read the whole topic in order to find them.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Mini TOC in this topic. http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/miscellaneous/rh2019_misc.htm

You should be able to format it to appear top right rather than the default top left.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter for your quick response.

A few questions:

1. What if I haven't formatted Master Pages for my project? I gather without this added to Master Pages, I would have to do this manually for each topic, right?
  2. If I configure this in the Master Pages, I would only configure the Topic page, right?
  3. If I want the Mini-TOC to the top right corner, I would have to format the page for columns, right? Is this also something to be done in the Master Page for the project OR in each individual topic? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried to apply it across a project but my thinking is

1. It's a master page or each topic where you want it.
  2. I think you should only need to edit it in the master page.
  3. It's nothing to do with columns.

Let us know how you get on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't fix the align right part in the UI but you can in Source view. Locate the minitoc in source view and add align="right" as shown below.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say whether your output is frameless or responsive. In frameless the mini-toc is not within the topic, it is to the right and you can't change that. What I have covered is for responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, in Frameless you don't have to do anything for the mini-toc. It is automatic. In the skin you configure the heading levels you want to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see it in Frameless on my site. http://www.grainge.org

It's on any page with sub headings such as http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/miscellaneous/rh2019_misc.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for responsive HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK so answers above apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp