• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open bookmark location with Dynamic content filter applied (RH 2020)

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter's web page states that if you need to supply a URL to open the help with a filter applied, use this syntax:

url?f=taggroup:tagname

But how do I do this if I want to point to a bookmark? The URL for a bookmark adds #bookmark to the URL, but when I tried using url#bookmark?f=taggroup:tagname

The default filter was applied instead. Is there a special syntax that must be used for when a bookmark is used?

I am using Robohelp 2020.7.46, frameless skin.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is either/or. To the best of my knowledge either you open the help with a filter applied or you open it to a bookmark within a topic.

I could be wrong but I haven't seen anyone post a way of doing both.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just discovered that if I use the syntax:

url?f=taggroup:tagname#bookmark

it seems to work. But I discovered this by experimenting. I have not found any documentation that confirms this

It is frustrating that Robohelp's function is an authoring tool, but Adobe won't use their own tool to more thoroughly document their own tool! Instead, users have to conduct their own experiments and use trial and error to figure things out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work. I'll add that to my site if that's OK. 

To be fair, I don't think any help can cover every scenario and it's the first time I have seen anyone else post this requirement.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, certainly fine to post what I found. I realize it is a difficult task to document everything, but I couldn't even find the base syntax documented anywhere. 

I also found that after typing in the URL syntax, a "&d_f=false" is automatically added to the end of the URL. Any idea what that does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but no idea. I'm assuming it still works as you haven't said otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it still works. So no big deal. Just thought you might know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp