Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orange Template: Make Home Page Search Results Mirror Topic Page Search Results

Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running RoboHelp 2020.7 Windows. 

Generating Frameless Output, with Orange template/skin.

Our UX team would like the home page search results display format to mirror the topic page search results.

By default, when running a search from the HOME page, search results are displayed in a FIXED BLOCK (for as long as you're on the home page) that is inserted above the home page content. For example:

orange-srchrslts-homepage.png

Meanwhile, when running a search from a TOPIC page, search results are displayed in a DROP-DOWN from the search field/box. For example:

orange-srchrslts-topicpage.png

For consistency/uniformity purposes, our UX team would like the display of search results for searches that are initiated from the HOME page to mirror the default search results display for searches that are intiated from a TOPIC page. Or to put it another way, they'd like searches initiated from the HOME page to display results in a drop-down from the search field.

I tried setting the Search Results > Container settings for Float, Clear, Position, Display, and Column Display for the home page to mirror the topic page, but that just gave me no search results (from the home page) in the generated output.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can't do it from the skin itself. It might be possible with some rather complex (advanced) custom css file added in the User Assets section of the skin. You'd need to inspect the output using the browser developer tools and play around with things in there to see what was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! Ugh, yeah, I was afraid of that. I have *some* developer resources available for this project, but not sure that's where I want to spend it, and long-term maintenance/management would be a headache I suspect. I'd much rather have something within the stock/standard RoboHelp ecosphere. Looks like I'll log an enhancement request.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly sure it'll only be a couple of lines for this one. I'm not a script guru by any means, but to do the homepage should be something like:

var elPaginator = $('footerelement.class').cloneNode(true);

$('resultsheaderelement.class').append(elPaginator)

And similar for the topic page results. You'd have to test a little to make sure the pagination worked correctly, but it should be fairly quick to try.

If I get some time I'll have a look later today to see if I can cobble something together. (Need to use a different (non-work) PC for RH2020 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops! Replied to the wrong thread. 😛

that answer belongs with this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/add-pagination-to-top-of-search-results/td-p/132...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp