Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Organize content correctly instead of alphabetically

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Before the radical change of the UI on RH back in 2020, you'd create your content in trhe order in needed to be read - start to finish, but now, inthe CONTENT section, it's all alphabetized. How do you write your content so it's organized correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sort by Name button is no longer availabe in New UI. The Contents panel is exactly like File Explorer and shows you how your content is structured on the disc. (I admit I never used the Sort by Name button as it has always been impossible for me to replicate the structure of my table of contents due to content re-use (i.e. one topic might appear in 3 or 4 different places in the table of contents that my users see.) Instead, I create folders to group the topics in a way that is efficient for me, then the table of contents provides a structure that is logical for the users.)

To organise the files for your users, use the Table of Contents pane. You can also use this pane to access your topics by double clicking on the topic name. I don't think you can create topics from here, but I don't have RH2020/2022 to check right now, so it's possible that has changed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively to @Amebr's suggestion prefix your file names with numbers in 00 or 000 format, leaving big gaps to start with to allow for adding topics later. Be aware though that will show in search results.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer or Like if helpful. Found your answer elsewhere? Share it here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp