• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output generation warning - Skipped copying

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to add external web pages as new topics to TOC with RoboHelp 2020, but the program always says "Skipped copying pages". It was possible with RoboHelp 2017.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by an external web page? If it's a link like www.google.com it couldn't be copied, but I'd think the placeholder in the toc would remain so you'd click on it and be taken to the URL.

If that's not what you mean, please provide more information about what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Amebr. Yes, I meant external web page like google.com. I tried to add it by right-click the TOC and add a topic, and then select "webpage" and enter the URL.

I don't know why though, It worked this time after editng a topic and re-creaing browse sequences. I appreciate your advise anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd. I'm glad it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Update 6 applied?

The warning should only be given when you have created a link to a file on your local machine and outside the project. RoboHelp cannot upload those files so then link would be broken, hence the warning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information @Peter Grainge. Yes, I have applied updated 6.

I could add web pages to TOC now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp