• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Preset Differences

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is major difference between frameless and responsive HTML outout presets? In both cases, can we create pages which are responsive in all screens ? Desktop, mobile and tab views ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

I wonder if somewhere you have seen that you can no longer easily generate an app for mobiles? That is an entirely different thing. The normal output for responsive and frameless still changes according to the screen size.

The only other thing I can think of is that responsive can be set to three sizes so you get one appearance for phones, one for tablets and one for desktop. For frameless there are just two sizes but one has been designed so that it works on both phones and tablets.

Try vie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many more options to customise frameless outputs and they are where Adobe will be focussing future development.

Generating mobile outputs is now more difficult since the PhoneGap site was closed. It will require developer skills. See RH2020 Mobile App Output (grainge.org)

What do you mean by tab views? Locally or via the web, both open in a browser.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for the reply. I believe the major difference between the 'Responsive HTML5' and 'Framless' output presets are regarding the responsive UI in different devices. For 'Responsive HTML5' the UI is responsive in all cases (Mobile, Tablet/Tab and desktop) and in 'Frameless' the UI is not responsive in all devices. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both outputs have an option to set them to be non-responsive but otherwise they are the same.

This is a frameless output. RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org)

Have you read something somewhere indicating otherwise? 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if somewhere you have seen that you can no longer easily generate an app for mobiles? That is an entirely different thing. The normal output for responsive and frameless still changes according to the screen size.

The only other thing I can think of is that responsive can be set to three sizes so you get one appearance for phones, one for tablets and one for desktop. For frameless there are just two sizes but one has been designed so that it works on both phones and tablets.

Try viewing the link I gave you on a phone and on a tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp