• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Preset / General /Start Page

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of this Start Page?  How can one use it? 

The cryptic instructions are: "Start Page Specify the page name and extension (.htm or .html) that RoboHelp can use to generate the URL for the output. For example, specify index.html."

I did that.  The only filename that does anything is index.htm.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the help without one. 🙂 Web sites all have a start page, typically index.htm. They are what opens the site or in this case the help.

When you open a web site such as www.adobe.com the reason you don't type index.htm is because browsers allow certain filenames as defaults. home.htm and default.htm are two others you don't have to enter.

In RoboHelp as with any website, you can call that page whatever you want. However, you then have to include it in the address bar or the link.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.  For another site, I had IT specify a set of acceptable "home" pages for the browsers to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. You say you know but you asked the question. Perhaps you hadn't connected the RoboHelp start page with being the same as a web site start page?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could be. Heckifiknow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp