• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output Presets Disappeared and Won't Load

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Robohelp 2019 and recently had it reinstalled on my computer because of an issue with our antivirus software. Since the reinstall I've lost the Output Presets in one of my projects. When I try to load a new one I get an application error message and no presets populate the list. However, when I look in the Publish folder in the project source files I see the previous presets and new preset listed. Is this something that can be fixed with an update or patch or is it possible that there is some kind of error in one of the project files?  

Thanks

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Were the updates applied when RoboHelp was reinstalled?

If they were, with RoboHelp closed delete the contents of the .rh folder and then open RoboHelp again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the updates applied when RoboHelp was reinstalled?

If they were, with RoboHelp closed delete the contents of the .rh folder and then open RoboHelp again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reinstalled today and was able to install the latest updates. Before I opened the project I deleted the contents of the .rh folder and the outputs are now visible. Always appreciate your help, Peter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know it worked. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem with RH 2020.2.29.   Removing the .rh folder doesn't work. 

Are there any other suggestions?

P.S. This project is in a git repository and other users of this repository can see the presets just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than checking the source control setup, I don't have any other ideas.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frustrating things is I can do a git checkout of an older commit and then RH works properly.

I have done a file-by-file substitution from the working project to the broken project, exiting RH before each modification, and I cannot find what file it is reading that is crashing it.  

By any chance does RH keep a log file of its activities or maybe a verbose mode that might show some error message that would give me a clue as to what is going wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to that level as far as I know. This is looking like a GIT problem but I think Support can check your settings in RoboHelp. I think you need to try them for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I worked with Adobe Tech support and ultimately they provided me with a work-around.  I'll post it here for the benefit of anyone else having this problem.

As it turns out when RH boots up and some problem occurs while it is ingesting the presets files, it fails silently and the data structure ends up empty.

Solution:  exit RH, delete all presets files with the Explorer, start RH.   You can then either create new presets files or copy the old ones back into the directory until the problem re-appears.   My project was only using one presets file and it was not the one that was causing the problem.   So I was back in business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp