Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Output problem with merged projects

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

I have a question regarding merged projects. We're working with three different manuals: 1 standard, 1 X and 1 Y. When merging standard + X the output presents a merged window and Table of Contents, but when merging standard + Y the output presents two seperate windows (with two different TOC's). The manuals are made in the exact same way and there shouldn't be a difference between the merging of them.

 

Has anybody else run into this issue? What could be the reason for not presenting the generated output in a merged display?

 

Thankful for all the help I can get.

 

/K.

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

237

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019
It seems as the problem dissappeared once I adjusted the settings for broken links...  Not sure though if it's only a short time fix or if this really was the underlying solution.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really mean separate windows or on output is nested within another? A screenshot would help.

 

That is usually caused by a project calling the start page instead of the default topic.


www.grainge.org

Please use the Blue reply button at the top. It helps keep posts in order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I open my chm file of the project (that has a merged project to it) it opens as one Window at first. But when I click on the start page of the merged project, another window pops up. Should I look into Window-settings and compare to see if there's a difference between the one that works and the one that fails?

 

It look like this:

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pic.png

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems as the problem dissappeared once I adjusted the settings for broken links... 🙂 Not sure though if it's only a short time fix or if this really was the underlying solution.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation