• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Numbers-RH 2019

New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I add page numbers in RH 2019? I searched past posts and cannot find a solution to adding page numbers to master pages. It give an option on top of the horizontal menu choices, but the pagination does not show when generating a PDF, per my supervisor's request.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Has Adobe been able to figure out why my TOC is not generating, but leaving

the page blank or the page numbering skips a few?

Thank you,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could not replicate either problem but I went back to them and was awaiting a further response. I will contact them again.

If you post to the forum by email, do remove all you contact details first. I have removed them from your last post.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had another look and have made some progress. In a copy of your project, delete the folder Sites in both Contents and TOC. Generate again. I am now getting a TOC.

If that works for you, copy Sites back in and remove half the topics, try again. If that works keep deleting until you maybe find a rogue topic. If it still fails, try with the half you removed.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Just curious about the 2nd part of my issue, re: the page numbering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nailed the topic causing the TOC problem. In Contents, remove the quotes from Leaving a Site Caution. Works fine then. I can't imagine it has anything to do with page number but let me know.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YIKES! Peter, you are a GENIUS! I made sure I took out the quotes from the Properties in the title and anywhere. Not only did it generate a perfect TOC, but it also numbered the pages without skipping any!!

Thanks you so much!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered if that might happen but really doubted it would. Glad to have helped.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a cover page & now I lost my page numbers...UGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Introduction topic as a cover page to test. Came through OK with TOC and page numbers. Use that to test.

What did you use as a test page?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same. Then I added a cover page (an image) and then the page numbers went away. Also, 2 different topic pages had their headline styles disappear, and just read as "NONE" in the Properties" panel under Style. How do you bring a topic page back to the Default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...I got my page numbers back by removing extra paragraph spaces between images and will adjust my page breaks in Word later, as you said to do...it was a shot in the dark.

There is still a blank page randomly in the middle of the project (WITH a page number...go figure) I thought there might be extra space at the bottom of the page, but I cannot get it to publish WITHOUT that page.

Also, all my headings published as Times Bold, but to view them in Author view shows them as Ariel bold.

I will be working from home tomorrow (doing RH Tutorials!) If you respond, please include my personal email:

EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED.

Thanks for your patience with all of us newbies.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still a blank page randomly in the middle of the project (WITH a page number...go figure) I thought there might be extra space at the bottom of the page, but I cannot get it to publish WITHOUT that page.

Probably just how the page break occurs and margins. You can get that in Word as well.

Also, all my headings published as Times Bold, but to view them in Author view shows them as Ariel bold.

You are using the pdf master page that is associated with pdf.css. Check that CSS and you will likely find that is set to Times.

Responses to the forum go to whatever address you have set there.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Out of curiosity have you got Windows set to use a font size larger than 100%?

In Windows 7, click on the start button and type 'text size', then click on 'Make text and other items larger or smaller'. Is that set to 100% or 125% (default)? (I assume typing similar text in Win10 would return a similar setting.)

I've read on a few forums that anything except 100% can cause some weird display issues. While your issues seem more extreme that what I've read online, if it's set to 125% or 150% it could be worth changing to see if that resolves any of the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to the posting site – thanks.

Also, my FULL name keeps coming up for the world to see when I post. I contacted Adobe Help & they said my “user name” is listed as “SteveC6”, which is what I would expect to show on the web page. Can you fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveC6​,

Only your and admins/moderators can see your full name. Everyone else will see only your username "SteveC6".

Kind regards,

Stefan Gentz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply, Stefan.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm I can only see SteveC6 as the user name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Amebr.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp