• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Styles Missing and Application Error after Upgrade to 2019 from Classic

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from RoboHelp Classic to 2019, paragraph styles are missing and an Application Error appears that reads "The application has run into an error. Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu: Help > Restart RoboHelp"

Any tips as to what's going on or what was done incorrectly? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Solution.

Open the CSS in source view and locate the first Media@mercycity.church only style. Prefix it as I have done with /* and the code for the rest of the CSS will change to the colour shown because that has commented it out.

image.png

Next scroll down to where they stop just before the P tag and close that section with */.

image.png

Save that and you will be able to go back to the CSS in author view and you will see your styles.

image.png

Open a topic and you will also see them there.

I'm guessing th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version were you starting with and what point version of RH2019 are you using? Also RH2019 Classic or New UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with RoboHelp Classic 2019 and upgraded into RoboHelp 2019.0.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last patch to RH2019 was 2019.0.14 - try updating and redo the conversion of the RH2019 Classic project again with the newer version. Is there any version or source control at play? If so, it's probably safer to check the Classic project out & then convert it locally, before checking back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. The link to the Adobe RoboHelp 2019.0.3 update seems to be broken/missing as I get a "Sorry this page is inavailable" message when I try to download it. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the page from which I was trying to download the .03 update and I just tried again. The .02 update dowloaded and installed fine, but the .03 update gives me an error. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the RH2019 version - not the 2020 right? - see https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/robohelp/2019.0.14/Setup.zip for the direct link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial RoboHelp 2019 installation was release .01 and when I opened the app after that install, I got no error messages. However, I just downloaded and installed the 2019.0.14 update and when I launch RoboHelp now, I get the "Application Error. The application has run into an error. Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu: Help > Restart RoboHelp."

When I restart as recommended, I still get the same error. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run it as a local Admin? Do you have enough rights to your C:\ drive? If yes, then try uninstalling & reinstalling RH2019. If it still doesn't work, see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sharont64060952 Can we clarify the versions as at one point you said "I started with RoboHelp Classic 2019 and upgraded into RoboHelp 2019.0.11". Then you said you were trying to apply the 02 and 03 upgrades. Why would you try to install an earlier update over a later one?

Have you perhaps seen the 2020 02 and 03 updates? They should install as a separate app anyway.

Please go to the Help menu and see what it says there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled 2019, reinstalled, and applied update 2019.0.14 and good news...I'm not getting the Application Error now. 

Next, I'll start over and upgrade my Classic project again. Hopefully the paragraph styles will be present after the upgrade. I'll let you know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Classic project and received the message that it upgrade with issues. The issues log indicates "There were total 1 issues," but how can I determine what that issue is?

Also, if I open a topic in the authoring area and open the Properties menu on the right, there are no paragraph styles in the Properties menu. Shouldn't these have carried over from my Classic project? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Assets > CSS and double click your CSS file. 

What styles do you see there? Also look in Source View to see if that looks correct. It looks like something in your CSS didn't upgrade properly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Assets > CSS and double-click the CSS file, nothing displays in the authoring area - it's blank.

In case it's helpful, the fonts in my topics are not the same as they were in my Classic project, so I suspect too that something is wrong with the CSS.

How do I look in Source View?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this path for the log.

C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RHTMP folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double clicking it should open it like this and then you would click the icon shown.

image.png 

You could try using the three dot menu when hovering over the CSS and selecting Edit.

image.png

If it is still blank that suggests something is wrong with the CSS. Click the Show in Explorer option and then open the file in a text editor to see what is in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, something's wrong with it as it's empty everywhere, including when I open it in WordPad from Explorer. The same .css from Classic is NOT empty when I open it in WordPad from its location.

Any suggestions? Can I copy the .css from the Classic project to the 2019 location or does 2019 need it in a different format that the upgrade process didn't properly create? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't do any harm but create a copy of the project first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress, but not out of the woods yet....I copied the .css file from the Classic project directory structure to the assets/css directory and it worked to some degree. The style sheet now shows up in the 2019 NewUI project and the fonts and formatting look correct in the 2019 NewUI topics, but there still are no paragraph styles in the Properties menu and I'm getting the message "Error. Failed to parse the stylesheet."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the CSS in the RoboHelp editor again and switch to source view. I think it will show you where the errors are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter. I can view the html style sheet, but not sure I'm skilled/experienced enough at how Style sheets are supposed to look as I don't see any obvious errors. They may be there, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could there be an issue with RoboHelp finding a font used in the Style Sheet? Where does RoboHelp look for fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the stylesheet has to be applied to the topic for styles to show in the Properties panel. I have one set in the Project Settings for a test project, but the styles don't show up unless the stylesheet is defined per topic.

To test, switch to Properties > Topic and check if a stylesheet is listed. If not, select one and you should see the styles in the Styles tab.

If this works you can apply the stylesheet to all or a selection of topics using the Topic List report. Do scroll right to the bottom of the report before changing the properties, as from memory there's a bug where it will only select the currently displayed topics - so scroll to the bottom to make sure they're all "displayed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh never mind. I just saw your response about copying the old stylesheet in and getting a parse error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp