Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF or Word does not get generated in RH 2017

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently begun using RH 2017, and I am facing a peculiar problem where I am unable to generate the PDF or Word output through the Printed Documentation output profile. When I try to do so with the default setting, I get this error "Server Busy. This action cannot be completed....."

I am using Word 2013 on my system, and have also enabled the Macro Settings under Trust Center.

So, i am not sure what should I do to resolve this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server Busy is a Windows issue. Google it and you will find tons of stuff on it. The problem is identifying which of many things are causing it.

I have not seen or heard of this message though in connection with generating printed documentation. I doubt it will help as I don't think this is a RoboHelp issue but do check you have updates applied.

Then look at environment things.

1. Is your project on a local drive and are you generating to the same drive? If not, change those two things. Then create a new print layout, not a duplicate and see if that works.
  2. Is your Word template local or have IT put that on a network drive?

Let us know how you get on.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer both your questions, first, my project is on my local drive and I'm generating the output to the same drive; second, even the Word template is on my local machine.

I have a question in doubt, I'm using a RH 2017 32 bit version and my system is running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit version, would that be a reason for what I'm facing? could be vaguely connected but still raising it as a question?

please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure about 8.1 64 bit version. I think with the patches applied, the remaining issue was whether Word was 64 bit. That did cause problems and even Microsoft recommend the 32 bit version for compatibility with other software. That said, I don't think the error message was server busy, I believe it was along the lines that Word could not be found.

A couple more things to try.

1. First open one of the sample projects and try to print from that. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.
  2. Are you generating using a Word template? Try using a CSS file. It won't look right but that's not the issue here right now.
  3. Create a new print layout, not a duplicate.

Post back when you have tried those suggestions.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp