• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing cursor in Index Keywords field causes RH2019 to freeze

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2019 (reimagined), update 14. While in Author view, if I open the Topic tab, display the Index dropdown and place my cursor in the Index Keywords field, RH freezes. I can't click anywhere else within the program and get a response. The only thing I can do is close the program and reopen it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's replicable all the time, I'd fire off a bug report in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that if there was a bug, we would all be seeing it.

What do you mean by "Index Dropdown"? Please use the photo icon above the reply box to show us where you are when the freeze occurs.

Also open one of the sample projects and see if you get the same problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highlighted the field with a red box.

IndexField.png

It is replicable consistently in my project. It is not replicated in a new project or one of the supplied sample projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot. I wanted to be sure what you were seeing as you were referring to a dropdown.

Was this project created in 2019 New UI or is it upgraded from a Classic version? If the latter, which version and have you done much work in the New UI?

Has this always been a problem in 2019 New UI or was it working and then started giving trouble? If it was working, do you have a 2019 format backup from when it was working? In a copy of your project you could try replacing the index file from that. You will find the file in the project folders using File Explorer. Replace with both projects closed. You may lose some new keywords. Just make sure you have backups before each stage.

Also if you have a backup where it worked you could compare that will the structure of one of the working index files with the current one by opening them in a text editor.

Try the above first and see where it gets you. 

I don't think it is a bug or I would have seen others reporting this. The next thing would be Adobe Support. Either phone or email techcomm@adobe.com. However, try the above first and let us know how you get on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is upgraded from 2019 Classic, and no, I haven't done much work in the new UI. I've tried upgrading from Classic several times and I always end up having to return to Classic because of some bug. The last time, it was something with having a long index and the Topic pane completely freezing whenever I accessed it. Since I haven't done much work in the new UI (I only upgraded last week), I don't have a working index in the new UI I can go back to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried leaving the project to see if it does eventually unfreeze?

If not there was an issue with long indexes but that was fixed. I think you do need to speak with Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wait several minutes, it does eventually unfreeze. I'm familiar with the bug with long indexes. It affected me before and I delayed upgrading then because of it. I will contact Adobe Support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Just wondering if trying it on another machine gets the same problem?

What's the spec of the machine, particularly RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent you an email, as requested. For RAM, I have 32.0 GB with 31.8 GB usable.

RHSystemInfo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp