• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please let me know why i am getting Script error, while trying to print a sub-topic from a CHM

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to take the PDF from a CHM file and i am getting Script Error. The chm has 12 topics. I am getting script error for 3 topics. Kindly help.Script error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you say "yes"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script message appears twice, when i click on "Yes" and then the PDF gets generated.Same thing happens when i click on the No button.

The problem is CHM is used by the end user and we donot want this script message to appear.

Like i said, there are 12 topics, I get this message for only 3 topics. The PDF gets generated without any script error for remaining 9 topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing from CHM is notoriously difficult. What happens is that the document is built on the fly and many references to things like CSS and suchlike are lost in translation.

The best approach to printing from CHM is to create a PDF of what you want, then add it as baggage and point to the baggage file when print is desired.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please let me know how to do this "The best approach to printing from CHM is to create a PDF of what you want, then add it as baggage and point to the baggage file when print is desired."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp