Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressing the CTRL key automatically zooms out

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this just happened... I'm using Robhelp 2020.6.76

When I press the CTRL key, the content page automatically zooms out. 

I tried to use other apps, such as WORD, EXCEL, and on Chrome. Pressing the CTRL key (alone) does not have any effect on the zooming.

I also did a reboot, thinking it will resolve the zoom issue, but it's still there. It's very annoying since I use keyboard shortcuts all the time.

Does anyone know if I happened to "turn on" something in Robohelp (fast fingers :)), and it saved the CTRL key as a shortcut for zooming out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

I swapped out my keyboard yesterday hoping it will resolve the issue. It did not.

I just relaunched Robohelp and the CTRL issue is not occuring anymore. Yay!

No idea what happened there. Just glad it resolved itself. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of that one before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Zoom in www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/bits_and_pieces/bits_and_pieces.htm

There are no options to change the keys. Could you perhaps be moving the mouse wheel at the same time?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am not scrolling my mouse. And I did remove my mouse battery to try and reset the mouse.
I also checked if my minus key is stuck, but it is not.

Pressing the CTRL key (alone) jsut once doesn't do anything, but if I press it in succession, not even holding down.. like pres, press, press... then it zooms out.

And again, this is not occuring on the other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't happen in other apps as the shortcut is what Adobe have set up. You say it doesn't happen if you press the CTRL key once so I'm guessing the CTRL = and CTRL - work OK, correct?

If so, I don't know why repeatedly clicking CTRL is also doing the same as CTRL = but it is easily avoided and almost seems to be a bonus.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I press the CTRL key once, it doesn't happen. But... when I hold down the CTRL key so I can CTRL + or CTRL V or CTRL S... then it zooms out to say 50%.. and when I'm doing a fast CTRL C then CTRL V... it zooms out to 25%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I understood but it's not something I have seen myself or seen reported on these forums.

I think I would be inclined to uninstall, reboot and start over. It doesn't affect projects and you can save settings. That said I wouldn't have any real expectation of it being fixed as it feels like something else is at play.

Assuming it doesn't fix it, can you test on another machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swapped out my keyboard yesterday hoping it will resolve the issue. It did not.

I just relaunched Robohelp and the CTRL issue is not occuring anymore. Yay!

No idea what happened there. Just glad it resolved itself. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean closed and reopened RoboHelp or reinstalled? If the former I assumed it was an ongoing issue as that is pretty much a first step with any app. 

Glad it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed it yesterday before I logged off, and opened again this morning.

I did do a reboot yesterday, and that did not help with the CTRL weirdness.

And yes, I'm glad it's working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add up to your point since I've been facing this issue for sometime and always use to think mindlessly about why it was happening. So whilst you're scrolling through any screen and you press ctrl shortly after it inputs as one function and outputs the ctrl + scroll functionality which means it'll zoom out. The weird thing about this is that most of the time you'll do this unintentionally and it'll feel like some sort of a bug but it isn't. The fix would obviously be to give it a second after you're done scrolling and then press the ctrl key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp