• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Topic to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Adobe has eliminated the extremely convenient and speedy way to create a PDF document of topics on the fly.  I have tried to use the 2019 workaround of creating a ToC and configuring an output preset I called PrintPDF.  I did all that, but the effort fails due to JAVA.  I think I'm toast.

Error Message:

Failed to generate PrintPDF. Java installation could not be verified. See output logs for more details.

Log Details:

Java not found. See if Java 1.8(64-bit) or higher is installed and JAVA_HOME environment variable is also set.

Java installation could not be verified. See output logs for more details.

Failed to generate PrintPDF.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The requirement for Java being installed is referenced in the page to which @Jeff_Coatsworth has provided a link. You refer to using the 2019 workaround as if you are using 2020 but in another thread you refer to using 2019. 

To the best of my knowledge the 2020 method wasn't required for 2019 and it found the enviroment variable in another way. Using what is described for 2020 will not do any harm but I'm not sure it will create an environment variable in the way 2019 requires. 

I would try the 2020 method first. Then if it still fails to work, the JAVA_HOME environment variable may need to be set manually.

For both the installation and setting the variable if needed, get your IT people involved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter, the only workaround I found was for 2019.  Yes, I am using RH2020.6.76.  

I cannot do anything about the JAVA version my company uses.  It is out of date, and IT will not upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if they can check the variable at least. Might work. 

They only need to upgrade your machine. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.  Unfortunately I am also running proprietary JAVA applications which probably don't work under newer JAVA versions, which is why we've never upgraded.  Those applications are slowly being replaced.  For now, I just output to Word, clean the document up, then save as a PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp